Frequently asked questions
Keep up-to-date on all the news coming out of Philadelphia.
Annual Economic Impact
New Permanent Jobs
New Wages and Salaries
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of this Project?
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia has committed to serve as a transformative development that will create maximum community benefits for the City of Philadelphia and its residents including:
- $2 billion in economic stimulus to the City
- $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District
- Contributions of over $15 million during the project’s first 10 years to support improvements and enhancements to the local community
- Over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs
- Construction and vendor opportunities for local, minority, women-owned, and veteran-owned businesses
- $145 million in estimated new wages and salaries (direct and indirect) during construction
- Local and diverse workforce hiring
- A commitment to living wages for all Team Members, including a minimum wage of no less than $12.00 per hour for the 2,000 permanent jobs and all contractors during operations, currently 65.5% over the region’s minimum wage
- Apprenticeships and training programs
- Marketing partnerships with area sports teams, businesses and attractions to promote the City of Philadelphia and surrounding communities
- Enhancement of hotel, dining, and entertainment amenities in the region to attract thousands of new visitors to the area
Will the project provide jobs to local residents?
Absolutely! Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will create approximately 2,000 new permanent direct and indirect jobs; and approximately 3,000 direct and indirect jobs during construction. Job opportunities will be available in every field, including hotel operations, finance, marketing, human resources, information technologies, food and beverage, facilities, security and surveillance, and casino operations. Hiring preference will be given to local residents first, then surrounding communities.
It's very important to us to be an economic engine for the communities where our properties are located, which means we make it a high priority to hire local residents first.
Live! will establish a partnership with local educational institutions to operate training programs for potential casino dealers and other hospitality workers at the casino. Our plan contains significant commitments to ensure the project has a diverse and inclusive workforce. These include, in part:
- Pre-Opening Community Based Job Fairs
- Local Job Placement Workshops
- Online Job Postings, Job Matching and Customized Recruitment Services
- Contractor Mentoring and Apprenticeship
- Community-Based Information Sessions on Job Opportunities and Training Programs
- Community College and University Partnerships for Job Placement
Check our careers page often for information about employment opportunities and upcoming job fairs!
Job seekers and applicants must meet the employment guidelines set by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board which requires a personal background check and drug screening.
What will the project include?
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature:
- More than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space
- 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker
- An upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel
- Structured parking facility
- New dining and entertainment venues
- Located at 900 Packer Avenue between 10th and Darien Streets and immediately proximate to the Philadelphia Sports Complex, which draws 8.5 million visitors a year.
- Conveniently located directly off I-76 and I-95
Who is the developer of the Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia project?Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will be developed, owned and managed by Stadium Casino LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies, the premier developer of Live! dining, entertainment, gaming, hotel and sports-anchored destinations in the country.
Does the casino have a commitment to working with minority, women and veteran-owned businesses?
The Cordish Companies and Live! have been recognized as leaders in the business community in creating opportunities for local, MBE/WBE and Veteran owned businesses. It is critical to us and core to our company culture to not only meet expectations, but embrace the spirit of inclusion, in our commitment and outreach to the community.
All vendors interested in working directly for the project must register with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. Registration forms and instructions are available here.
How will the casino work with local businesses?
Live! will purchase tens of millions of dollars in goods and services in the Region. We are committed to supporting local and regional businesses, particularly local, MBE/WBE and veteran-owned businesses, by providing access to contract opportunities.
Our operational procurement team will maintain an internal database of diverse contractors and suppliers that will be used for future bid opportunities. If you would like to be considered, please visit our vendor page to learn more.
We look forward to creating new operations vendor contacts, developing long-term relationships, and having a spin-off effect from our project onto other local and small businesses.
All vendors interested in working directly for the project must register with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
How do we contact the casino to express interest in a job, vendor or contractor relationship?
Live! is committed to utilizing the local Building Trades to construct our facility and supporting local, regional, minority, women-owned, and veteran-owned businesses by providing them access to contract opportunities. Our procurement team will maintain an internal database of diverse contractors and suppliers that will be used for future bid opportunities. If you would like to be considered for either a contractor or vendor, please visit the vendor page of our website or go directly to www.livecasino.gilbaneco.com to learn more.
Career opportunities will be available in every field, including hotel operations, finance, marketing, human resources, information technologies, food and beverage, facilities, security and surveillance and gaming operations. Hiring preference will be given to local residents first, then surrounding communities. Check our careers page often for information about employment opportunities and upcoming job fairs!
All applicants and vendors interested in working directly for the project must register with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.