Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia - Fact Sheet
PROPERTY FACT SHEET
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination being developed by Stadium Casino RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium District, Live! Casino & Hotel will set a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents. The project will generate over $2 billion in economic stimulus to the City, along with $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District.
Stadium Casino RE, LLC has committed to a groundbreaking Community Benefits Plan with the City of Philadelphia that includes unprecedented goals in minority and local construction and hiring initiatives, a commitment to living wages for all employees, more than $15 million in grants in the first 10 years to support improvements and enhancements to the local community, and the creation of a Community Advisory Committee.
The new Live! Casino & Hotel spearheads the transformation of the Philadelphia Stadium District into an integrated sports, entertainment and casino resort destination. The project sits adjacent to Xfinity Live!, the highly successful dining, entertainment and hospitality destination developed and owned in partnership between The Cordish Companies and Comcast Spectacor. Since opening in 2012, Xfinity Live! has welcomed millions of guests, energizing the Sports Complex year-round and dramatically enhancing the fan experience for local and visiting sports fans. The opening of the casino resort destination will transform the Philadelphia Stadium District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature:
• More than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space
• 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker
• FanDuel Sportsbook
• An upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel
• Structured parking facility
• New dining and entertainment venues
ECONOMIC AND COMMUNITY IMPACT
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia has committed to serve as a transformative development that will create maximum community benefits for the City of Philadelphia and its residents including:
• $2 billion in economic stimulus to the City
• $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District
• Contributions of over $15 million during the project’s first 10 years to support improvements and enhancements to the local community
• Over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs
• Construction and vendor opportunities for local, minority, women-owned, and veteran owned businesses
• $145 million in estimated new wages and salaries (direct and indirect) during construction
• Local and diverse workforce hiring
• A commitment to living wages for all Team Members, including a minimum wage of no less than $12.00 per hour for the 2,000 permanent jobs and all contractors during operations, currently 65.5% over the region’s minimum wage
• Apprenticeships and training programs
• Marketing partnerships with area sports teams, businesses and attractions to promote the City of Philadelphia and surrounding communities
• Enhancement of hotel, dining, and entertainment amenities in the region to attract thousands of new visitors to the area
• Located at 900 Packer Avenue, between 10th and Darien Streets, in the heart of the Stadium District, which draws 8.5M visitors a year
• Convenient located directly off I-76 and I-95
GENERAL CONTRACTOR AND PROJECT DESIGN TEAMS
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is being constructed by Gilbane Building Company, a global, family-owned company with over 145 years of experience.
• Architects: BLT Architects, Philadelphia, PA
• Civil Engineers: McLaren Engineering Group, Baltimore, MD
• Interior Designers: Klai Juba Architects, Las Vegas, NV; Jeffrey Beers International, New York, NY; Hirsch Bedner Associates, Santa Monica, CA
• Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Engineers: Giovanetti Shulman Associates (GSA), Broomall, PA
• Structural & Geotechnical Engineers: McLaren Engineering Group, Baltimore, MD
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will create approximately 2,000 new permanent direct and indirect jobs; and approximately 3,000 direct and indirect jobs during construction. Job opportunities will be available in every field, including hotel operations, finance, marketing, human resources, information technologies, food and beverage, facilities, security and surveillance, and casino operations. Hiring preference will be given to local residents first, then surrounding communities.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is committed to utilizing the local Building Trades to construct the facility and supporting local, regional, minority, women-owned, and veteran-owned businesses by providing them access to contract opportunities. Our procurement team will maintain an internal database of diverse contractors and suppliers that will be used for future bid opportunities.
The following are some of the categories of goods and services to be purchased:
• Gaming Operations
• Hotel Operations
• Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment
• Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance
• Food & Beverage
• Office and Computer Supplies
• Professional Services
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will be developed, owned and managed by Stadium Casino RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies, the premier developer of Live! dining, entertainment, gaming, hotel and sports-anchored destinations in the country.
About The Cordish Companies
The Cordish Companies’ origins date back to 1910 and encompass four generations of privately-held, family ownership. During the past ten decades, The Cordish Companies has grown into a global leader in Commercial Real Estate; Entertainment Districts; Sports-Anchored Developments; Gaming; Hotels; Residential Properties; Restaurants; International Development; Co-working Spaces; and Private Equity. One of the largest and most respected developers in the world, The Cordish Companies has been awarded an unprecedented seven Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence for public-private developments that are of unique significance to the cities in which they are located. The Cordish Companies has developed and operates highly acclaimed dining, entertainment and hospitality destinations throughout the February 2020 Pending final approval by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. United States, many falling under The Cordish Companies’ Live! Brand, highly regarded as one of the premier entertainment brands in the country. Welcoming over 50 million visitors per year, these developments are among the highest profile dining, entertainment, gaming, hotel and sports-anchored destinations in the country. In gaming, The Cordish Companies has developed among the most successful casino hotel resorts in the world, including the Hard Rock Hotel & Casinos in Hollywood and Tampa, FL and Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland. Over the generations, The Cordish Companies has remained true to the family’s core values of quality, entrepreneurial spirit, long-term personal relationships and integrity. As a testimony to the long-term vision of its family leadership, The Cordish Companies still owns and manages virtually every business it has created. For more information visit www.cordish.com or follow us on Twitter.
RENDERINGS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The Cordish Companies Cordish Gaming Group/Live! Casinos & Hotels
Cari Furman Carmen E. Gonzales
Director of Communications Director of Communications
(410) 347-2930 – office (443) 445-2901 – office
(330) 807-4079 – cell (443) 842-1992 – cell