Blackjack Tournament Rules
$20,000 Blackjack Challenge Tournament
- As used herein, “Casino” means Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia and all its parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies.
- Tournament is limited to participants 21 years of age or older with proof of age that Casino, acting in its sole and absolute discretion, deems appropriate.
- All participants must have a Live! Reward Card; Live! Reward Cards are free and are available at the Live! Rewards Center.
- Entry into tournament will be by qualification or invitation.There will also be a $100 buy-in or 2:1 comps
- Buy in guests must visit the Poker Room to purchase their entry.
- Tournaments are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including gaming, and all aspects of the Tournament are subject to the approval of appropriate regulatory authorities.
- All entries are subject to review and verification.
- Live! Casino reserves the right to distribute additional entries via advertising, direct mail, or other Tournament means.
- Participants must produce and display their Live! Rewards Card and valid picture identification acceptable to Casino (driver’s license, passport, state identification card, or military identification card) to be eligible to collect any prize. If winner is not a U.S. citizen, a current passport or alien registration card is required.
- Participants agree to allow Casino the unconditional use of their name and likeness for Tournaments/advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent, where permitted.
- Winners are responsible for all taxes, licenses, registrations, and other fees.
- Winnings may be subject to reporting and withholding pursuant to federal IRS regulations, and participants are required to cooperate with Casino in completing necessary forms.
- All Tournament times are approximate. Casino reserves the right to change Tournament times in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Team Members of Casino and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, owned, operated, or managed properties; contractors hired for the operation of the Tournament or parent companies and immediate family members of such Team Members at director level or higher as determined by Casino are not eligible to participate in the Tournaments, unless approved in advance by Casino. Immediate Family is defined as: mother, father, spouse, brother, sister, children, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, step-parents, step-children, grandmother, grandfather, grandchildren and any relative or other person residing in the employee’s place of residence.
- Individuals who are excluded from Casino facilities, either through a government program or by their own request, are not eligible.
- Entries will be retained for record keeping purposes in accordance with local legal requirements.
- Casino may cancel, modify, relocate, or reschedule the Tournament for any reason with prior notification to the appropriate gaming regulators, to the extent such is required.
- Casino is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, or illegible entries, nor for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Casino, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent a participant’s ability to participate in the Tournament.
- Casino is not responsible for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation the Tournament and is not liable for any acts or omissions by Team Members, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the Tournament, and is not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunctions.
- If for any reason the Tournaments are not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of Casino which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Tournaments, Casino reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Tournament.
- Casino may impose penalties upon any person who gives, makes, issues, authorizes, or endorses any statement or action having, or designed to have, an effect prejudicial or detrimental to the best interest of the Tournament as determined by Casino, acting in its sole and absolute discretion. This may include, but shall not be limited to, expulsion from the event and property and/or loss of the right to participate in this or any other Tournament conducted by Casino.
- Casino may disqualify any person for any prize based upon fraud, dishonesty, violation of Official Rules or other misconduct while on the property or otherwise occurring whether or not relating to the Tournament or as otherwise reasonable or necessary for Casino to comply with applicable statues and regulations, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any program or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; Casino reserves the right to seek damages from any such person(s) to the fullest extent of the law.
- All decisions regarding the interpretation of the Tournaments rules, eligibility, scheduling and staging of the Tournament, and penalties for misconduct lie solely with Casino, whose decisions are final.
- A copy of these Official Rules and any changes will be available in Pit 6 throughout the duration of this Tournament.
- Where a situation arises, which is not covered by these Official Rules, Casino shall have the authority to render a judgment, including the imposition of a penalty, in accordance with the best interests of the Tournament and the maintenance of its integrity and public confidence.
- Prizes and entries are non-transferable.
- With regards to all prizes identified in these Official Rules, Casino reserves the right to substitute prizes that have or have not been awarded if the value is substantially the same as the original prize offered in the event that the original prizes become unavailable. In no event will Casino be obligated to award more prizes that than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
- Any material participants submit to Casino in connection with participation in this Tournament shall become and remains the property of Casino and will not be returned.
- Program is subject to terms and conditions of Live! Rewards account.
- By participating in this Tournament, participants agree to comply with all rules contained herein.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Blackjack Challenge Tournament Official Rules
- For the Blackjack Challenge Tournament, players must be a Live! Rewards member to participate,
- Must be 21 or older.
- The Tournament will consist of _400___ Maximum Players. 6 players are the minimum number of players for the tournament.Live! Casino Management reserves the right to cancel the tournament if it doesn’t meet the minimum number of players.
- Maximum 6 players at each table
- Six tables will be used in Pit 6 for the tournament.
12 Hands will be dealt for the preliminary round, 18 hands will be dealt for Semi-Finals and Final rounds.
- Six tables will be used in Pit 6 for the tournament.
- All wagers will be made one player at a time during the Semi-Finals and Final Rounds.
- A puck or marker will be used to determine who will make the first, second, third and fourth bet in the semi-final and final rounds.
- That puck or marker will rotate each hand
- Giving all players the opportunity to wager first
Each player must make a wager each hand, (surrender is not permitted in tournament play)
- Each round will start with a new shoe, cards will be shuffled
- All cards will be dealt face up (players will not touch the cards)
- Surveillance will have coverage of the tournament if there is a question of a certain hand.
- Each Player will start with 10,000 of tournament chips,
Wagers will range from $100
- 30 players with the top highest total chip count from preliminary round will advance to the semi-final round
- Each player will need to sign the recorded chip count log
- At 6:30 pm, six (6) players will be drawn from a raffle drum as Wild Cards.These six players will advance to the Semi Final Round.Winners must be present, or a new name will be selected.
- If there are less than 30 players with a score greater than zero for Semi Finals we will draw more Wild Cards to have 36 guests at Semi Finals.
- Prize Structure
- Grand Prize * $5,000_Cash and $5,000 Match Play.
2nd Prize: $ 2,500 Cash & $2500 Match Play
3rd Prize: $1,000 Cash & $1000 Match Play
4th -6th Prize $500 Cash & $500 Match Play
*If buy-ins exceed $10,000 , the Grand prize will increase by the amount over $10,000.
- Grand Prize * $5,000_Cash and $5,000 Match Play.
- Registration will begin at ___3pm_____. on the day of the tournament
- One (1) winner from each table in the Semi Finals will advance to the final round.
- Each entrant will receive $10,000 in non-value tournament chips per round.
- The Semi Finals and Finals round will consist of 18 hands of blackjack with a minimum bet of $100 and a maximum bet of $10,000.
- Blackjack will pay 2 to 1. There will be a countdown with the number of hands. The dealer will make an announcement with five (5) hands left to play. Players must play every hand.
- There will be a countdown of each players remaining tournament chips prior to the start of the final hand in the Semi final and Final round..
- In the Final round there will be a secret bet for the final 18th hand.Player may bet maximum of their bankroll.
- If a player is unable to bet the minimum, that player is disqualified.
- In the event of a tie for first place, each player involved will receive $500 in chips and there will be a 5-hand playoff. This will continue until a winner is determined.
- There will be a rotating marker used to determine the start of each hand. The initial starting position will be determined by dealing a card to each person prior to the start of the competition in order from left to right and the highest card is where the first hand will begin. If the same value cards are dealt, first out of the shoe is highest.
- The position in which the marker sits at the beginning of each hand must place their bets first and betting will be made in a clockwise direction. All bets must be made within 30 seconds. A player may elect to go out of turn by their own choice, but when a bet is placed into the betting area, the player may not change or alter their bet. It is suggested that all bets be set outside the betting circle and, when the bet is correct, push the entire bet into the circle.
- Tournament chips must remain in front of players separated by denomination and in the view of all players.
- All hands are dealt face up.
- In the event of a misdeal, players will not be given the opportunity to back out of the hand.
- If a card is exposed by mistake, the card will be burned.
- If a player’s hand is skipped, that player will receive the next two (2) cards out of the shoe.
- Collusion among players or help from spectators is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- If you are a designated winner in any round, you will be advised what table and seat number you are to report to in the subsequent round.
- If a player should leave the table in the middle of a round, that player will be disqualified unless approved by Live! management.
- Philadelphia Live Casino Hotel reserves the right to refuse entry or cancel or revise tournament after prior notification to the PGCB
All blackjack rules for Live! Casino Hotel Philadelphia will pertain to the tournament except for Blackjack pays 2:1 and no surrender
- No purchase necessary.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to participate.
- Must be a member of Live! Rewards. Membership is free.
- Must be present to win. Winner will have one (1) minute to announce themselves in the event or another name will be selected.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- May only participate maximum 2 times during the event or promotion. The guests highest score will be counted. Lower scores will be deleted.
- Winners are responsible for any United States federal, state, or local taxes and/or government fees that may be imposed in connection with the acceptance of the prize.
- Falsification of any information will result in ineligibility.
- All manual drawings conducted will be executed under surveillance.
- Winners must show proof of identification by presenting a valid driver's license with SS#, or by completing a W9 form.
- Live! Casino reserves the right to void participation.
- Team Members of Live! Casino, their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries are ineligible. In addition, immediate family, and members of the household of Live! Casino Executive, Player Development and Marketing personnel are ineligible.
- Immediate family is defined as spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses.
- Household is defined as living in the same residence as one or more of the above-mentioned individuals.
- Executive personnel are defined as any team member holding the title of Director or above.
- Marketing personnel are defined as any team member falling under the Marketing Departmental organization chart.
- Team Members of advertising and promotion agencies and other agencies coordinating with this promotion and their immediate family members, PGCB staff, PGCB agents and spouses thereof, are ineligible.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Each participant and winner shall indemnify and hold harmless Live! Casino and The Cordish Companies against any damage, loss, claim, or liability arising from his or her participation in any promotion. Live! Casino and The Cordish Companies assume no liability of any kind for any property loss or damage or personal injury occurring in connection with any prizes.
- By participating in any promotion, each participant agrees to and acknowledges that they will abide by the official rules, regulations, and procedures of the promotion.
- Live! Casino may disqualify any person for any prize based upon fraud or violation of promotional rules or other misconduct related to the promotion or otherwise.
- Live! Casino marketing officials, and Table Games Tournament Director will resolve any and all disputes.
- Live! Casino will not be held responsible for a patron’s inability to hear his/her name announced on the casino floor using the PA system.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that casino play is registering on Live! Rewards card.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to activate drawing entries in a system generated drawing within one hour of each drawing unless otherwise noted.
- By participating in any promotion, participants hereby grant Live! Casino permission to use his/her name, photograph, and likeness in connection with the advertising and promotion of its products, in any manner and in any medium, without additional compensation, as Live! Casino, in their sole discretion, shall deem appropriate or desirable. Participants irrevocably consent to the unrestricted use, in perpetuity, for purposes including, but not limited to, display, advertising, sale, and trade, and including any alterations or modifications whatsoever of said photograph, including the negatives and prints made there from and by Live! Casino, its employees, agents, customers, successors, and assigns forever.
- Participants waive any right, which he/she may otherwise have, to inspect or approve the photographs or prints made from the negative thereof, with respect to: any alterations or modifications, any material or commentary; any publication using the name of the undersigned, no name, or fictitious name; use for the purpose of publicity, illustration, commercial art; any advertising of products or services.
- Persons who have been evicted from the property, excluded from casinos in Pennsylvania or who have requested Pennsylvania self-exclusion are not eligible to participate in any promotion.
- Live! Casino reserves the right to substitute cash or retail merchandise for a cash or retail prize. Substitution will be of greater or equal cash value of original prize.
- Cash prizes must be redeemed at the Casino cage the day they are issued. The cage will follow the appropriate procedures for processing of any cash prize.
- Free Slot Play prizes valued at $999 or less is valid for 24 hours after issuance, unless otherwise noted.
- Free Slot Play prizes valued at $1,000 or more is valid for thirty (30) days after issuance, unless otherwise noted.
- Match Play prizes valued at $999 or less is valid for 24 hours after issuance, unless otherwise noted All promotion times are Eastern Time.
- Match Play prizes valued at $1,000 or more is valid for thirty (30) days after issuance, unless otherwise noted.
- Valid only at Live! Casino Hotel Philadelphia.
- Claiming the prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Rules are available upon request at the Live! Rewards Club.
- Live! Casino is not responsible for lost, stolen or misused Reward club cards, comps, or cash related offers.
- Live! Casino is not responsible for player tracking system malfunctions or failures. In the event of such an occurrence, Live! Casino will provide entries in a manner deemed fair my management.
- In the event of a system failure, a designated employee will communicate an alternate plan to the PGCB representative on duty as well as the eligible guests.
- Live Casino reserves the right to change, cancel or modify any promotion at any time with prior notification to the PGCB.